Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noise Audition Live, Translation wanted
sanorin
post Feb 25 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #41

Delta

Group: Cronopio
ThanX: 334

Here is the translation of the second blog post talking about Noise. Enjoy and don't forget to correct me if you see any mistake! contento.gif

Do you want to play the keyboards for Noise?

Well, last time I wrote about how I changed my vision of Yoshiki and Toshi after seeing them perform, as if they were different persons than in judo class, but even looking back now, I feel like their performance had a unique aura since that time. For students of High 1 playing quite difficult Rainbow songs like “I Surrender”, “Kill the King” or “All Night Long”, although unrefined, they were calm and composed, playing even with action, so our sempais’ bands were completely eaten in both popularity and talent by them.

Well, in the other hand, I don’t remember if this was before or after that Noise fancy gym performance, but the truth is I was going to participate too in the High 1 cultural festival. During the 3 years of Middle school I was a fan of the Beatles, so my sempais from the baseball club from the Middle school time asked me to participate in their class singing contest, to which I agreed without hesitation and I stood on the stage holding an acoustic guitar. I sang my forte, the Beatles masterpiece “Michelle”, and I don’t know if the sempais were favoring me or something, but I got the subtle title of runner-up. Then, M-kun, who was the bassist of Noise at the time and had seen me somewhere, after the cultural festival and probably before the summer break, he told me “Noise's keyboard is quitting, do you want to play?”. I don’t remember the conversations after that, but I don’t have memories of any trouble, so I guess I said OK without hesitation again (xD).

Now it’s a funny story, but the truth is I had never had piano lessons or anything. But for some reason since I was little there was a piano in my home, so I had played the school song with the index fingers when the team went to the Koshien, and reasonably imitated the Beatles’ “Let it be”. From long time ago I had a great unfounded confidence in myself, so I thought if I practiced with the piano in my home I would get something, but after doing too much practice with the tennis club under the blazing summer sun I got acute nephritis and stayed one week in hospital, and when I went back home our piano for some reason had disappeared (xD). When I asked my mum in haste, she told me that a classmate girl from the neighborhood wanted to practice piano at home, so she had told her she would lend it to her. With no choice, I begged a classmate who had an electronic organ and borrowed it (what a nerve! xD), I moved it to my home and began practicing.

At the time, a Yamaha music store in Tateyama called Matsuda-ya used to regularly plan lives gathering local amateur bands, and Noise got to play at the Christmas Concert of the Tateyama Civic Center. We planned to play 3 songs. I think they were "Armed and Ready" by Michael Schenker Group, for some reason "Summertime Blues" by Kodomo Band (xD) and “Still I’m Sad” by Rainbow. From these 3 songs, the one that had a keyboard solo was “Still I’m Sad”. The first time I listened to it on a cassette tape, I got indeed nervous about the keyboard solo that goes on and on from about minutes 3 to 5 (or 3 to 5 minutes?) and I said “Maybe I can’t do this”, but Yoshiki lent me the scores with all the parts and I was able to play a short version of the keyboard solo. That said, the keyboard solo was about 1 minute, but immediately before entering the solo there is a part where I had to harmonize with the lead guitar at the same fast speed, which was quite difficult for me, having never learned piano. But the live was not for another 2 or 3 months, and I had to be able to play it somehow, so every day after going back home from school I sat in front of the organ and practiced endlessly, and as a result I became able to play it somehow.

To be continued

This post has been edited by sanorin: Feb 26 2012, 08:27 AM

My Signature
Psychedelic Violence, Crime Of Visual Shock

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The following 6 users say ThanX to sanorin for this useful post::
ilesoix, inxxane, The_Unknown, winterspelt, X NUT, xfansd

winterspelt
post Feb 25 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #42

Owner of a Fender Winterspeltcaster (?)
Group Icon

ThanX: 142

I would love to hear their Still Im Sad version!!!
Thanks 4 the translation!

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 25 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #43

Narrador
Group Icon

Group: Dreamer
ThanX: 303

@Joker

QUOTE (Joker @ Feb 25 2012, 05:32 AM) *
I saw a translation of Yoshiki biography on another forum. It says something about Terry...

Yes, it says "who played in the band from the very beginning", the band = X = 1982.

And there is a part where it says about NOISE having two guitarists, when they were choosing the "new vocalist" on the band split...

1st guitarist: Toshi, who also sang.
2nd guitarist: the one the biography talks about.

Read it again, it says that. :P

However, I was mentioning that existing Noise bootlegs, which are from 1982, have only one guitarist. Meaning Toshi had already dropped the guitar and became a full vocalist.

When Toru first saw Noise playing in 1981, it's a safe bet to say Toshi was still playing the guitar.

It also says far ahead Yoshiki asked Terry to left the band because when Taiji joined, he didn't like Terry...

Wow, I completely forgot that Terry followed them to Tokyo from Chiba, I even have 1985 concerts where Terry plays, haha. Sorry, just slipped off my mind, it's been absent from X =(

@Sanorin

Thanks for continuing to translate! I have a little question on this:

QUOTE (Sanorin's translation)
hen, M-kun, who was the bassist of Noise at the time and had seen me somewhere, after the cultural festival and probably before the summer break, he told me “I’m quitting Noise keyboard, do you want to play?”.

I don't get it, M-kun (Noise's bassist) was quitting the keyboard? o_O Or was he quitting the bass? It's rather odd.

In any case, if M-kun was the bassist, the 1981 config when Toru joined is clearer:

Drums- Yoshiki
Vocals- Toshi (probably still on guitar too)
Keyboards- Toru-kun
Guitar - K-kun
Bass - M-kun

My Signature
There is no way to be free from love.
Deeper we sink in the darkness, brighter it shines in our hearts.

+Quote Post

sanorin
post Feb 25 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #44

Delta

Umm I supposed that slipped off my mind, too much information. It would make more sense "Noise's keyboard is quitting". It tricked me how he wrote bassist and no bass, but then keyboard and not keyboardist xD

My Signature

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Feb 25 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #45

Addicted to X

ThanX: 189

anyone remember Kurata/ Kura-chin, the one Yoshiki & Toshi talked about at ToshI Last Solo Concert? he was the vocalist of NOISE back then, right?

My Signature
Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (Now and Forever)
Nobody can Steal (our freedom) Our Life away (away from Ourself)

Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (We won't Surrender)
We'll be Forever... free, to Love
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boku no Taisetsu na mono wa X desu

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 25 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #46

Narrador
Group Icon

Group: Dreamer
ThanX: 303

QUOTE (Ba-DiL @ Feb 25 2012, 11:27 PM) *
anyone remember Kurata/ Kura-chin, the one Yoshiki & Toshi talked about at ToshI Last Solo Concert? he was the vocalist of NOISE back then, right?

However, Kurata-kun would fit before this config.

We'd be having:

NOISE 1980 (and perhaps early 1981? unsure with no notes at hand and fuzzy memory)
Drums - Yoshiki
Vocals- Kurata-kun
Guitar- Toshi, dunno if there were more guitars
Bass- ?
Keyboards- ?

NOISE early 1981
Drums - Yoshiki
Vocals&Guitar - Toshi
Guitar- K-Kun, guy who looks like Terry on the origin photo
Bass- M-Kun, guy who appears on the origin photo and invited Toru
Keyboards- ? guy before Toru

NOISE late 1981
Drums - Yoshiki
Vocals&Guitar - Toshi
Guitar- K-Kun, guy who looks like Terry on the origin photo
Bass- M-Kun, guy who appears on the origin photo and invited Toru
Keyboards- Toru

NOISE 1982
Drums - Yoshiki
Vocals - Toshi
Guitar- K-Kun? if he's still there
Bass- M-Kun? if he's still there
Keyboards- Toru

This last config is the one from "Noise Audition Live", the 1982 bootleg I requested translation of in this topic.

If no one ever translates the comments, perhaps Toru's future blog posts can reveal more about Noise and X at Chiba.

My Signature
There is no way to be free from love.
Deeper we sink in the darkness, brighter it shines in our hearts.

+Quote Post
The following 3 users say ThanX to X Radical Blues for this useful post::
ilesoix, inxxane, sanorin

sanorin
post Feb 26 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #47

Delta

Before than expected, here is the third and last post talking about Noise. I think there are no more since August, right? I hope he will continue the stories someday in the future.

Debut Live at Tateyama Civic Center

I say debut live, but the other members were playing in Tateyama since Middle School, so it was only my debut in a rock band.

As I wrote last time, having never learned piano, in “Still I’m Sad”, the only one with a keyboard solo, I only had to struggle for less than a minute and then for the other songs it would be enough to press the right chords (the other songs were simple rock so the keyboard didn’t stand out anyway). How appropriate (xD).

And finally the day of the Christmas Concert came.

I don’t remember how many bands were before us, but after they all finished it was the last turn for Noise. At the venue, the Tateyama Civic Center, when I was in Primary school I had gone to see concerts of some big names of the Japanese entertainment industry, such as "Downtown Boogie Boogie Band" led by Ryudo Uzaki, Goro Noguchi in the height of his popularity, and Hiroshi Itsuki (xD). With capacity for 2000 people, it was a big hall for the rural area (it was pulled down last year).

Of course, at best there would be 100-200 people, but for me debuting in a High 1 rock band, it was plenty of people. The other members had been doing it since Middle school, so I remember they were not nervous at all.

Finally Noise’s performance began. The opening was Michael Schenker Group’s “Armed and Ready”. Exicted with an up-tempo song, Toshi stirred up the audience (mainly students from our high school and other nearby schools). I feel like Toshi knew how to stir up the audience since that time. Although he didn’t say his typical “Abarenbou shougun de iku zo, oraaa!” (xD).

And then I guess we did one more song, Kodomo Band’s (xD) “Summertime Blues”. Between songs, even from that time there were already high-pitched screams flying about to the members, like “Yoshikiiii!”, “Deyama-saaaan!” (that’s Toshi), “K-saaaan!” (the original guitarist who quitted at the same time than me), and it surprised me. I was debuting in this live, and of course I hadn’t been introduced to the media, so I was a bit jealous that I didn’t get high-pitched screams, but while playing, some girls used their flashes pointing at me, so that was enough (how simple xD).
Very soon, the last number with Rainbow’s “Still I’m Sad” began. Among the songs we played that day, it was the song most full of variety, so all the members were in high spirits. Then in the middle of the song, the other parts became silent and my keyboard solo began. If I made a mistake I would look really bad, but the results of having practiced it hundreds of times came out and I made it to the end of the solo with no mistakes. After the last chorus part Yoshiki hit the cymbal with the drumsticks and threw them one by one to the audience (the signature move of Rainbow’s drummer, Cozy Powell?), and Noise’s turn ended with a lot of fanfare.

If I look back now to the first rock band in my life, being in the same stage with Yoshiki and Toshi was an incredibly lucky experience, but in those days being the keyboardist of Noise wasn’t enough for me (xD).

To be continued

My Signature

+Quote Post
The following 7 users say ThanX to sanorin for this useful post::
Balberith, ilesoix, inxxane, The_Unknown, X NUT, X Radical Blues, xfansd

NKL
post Feb 27 2012, 05:14 AM
Post #48

Delta

ThanX: 8

Then we should comfirm K-San due to recent translation from sanorin

NOISE 1982
Drums - Yoshiki
Vocals - Toshi
Guitar- K-Kun (Confirmed)
Bass- M-Kun? if he's still there
Keyboards- Toru

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: