Narrador
Group Icon

Group: Dreamer
ThanX: 327

When I saw that image:
http://www.xrdnet.com/xgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=22192

QUOTE (Ba-DiL @ Feb 3 2011, 01:08 AM) *
the book mentioned the name for all X member from Terry to Sugizo wink.gif

Anything about early Chiba members? I mean before Tomo and Atsushi, only Terry was there from 1982, then other bassist and guitarist played. Other than, that, just the common I guess? Jun, Hikaru, Zen, Hally, Kerry, etc?

My Signature
There is no way to be free from love.
Deeper we sink in the darkness, brighter it shines in our hearts.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Feb 3 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #22

Addicted to X

Group: Cronopio
ThanX: 191

Ahhaha, not that "all" I mean ... tongue.gif

yes, just the common... Terry, Tomo, Atsushi, Jun, Hikaru, Hally, etc ...

too bad I haven't read the articles because of my Japanese, but wait until my holiday's over, I'll ask some nihonjin at my college to give me some help wink.gif

My Signature
Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (Now and Forever)
Nobody can Steal (our freedom) Our Life away (away from Ourself)

Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (We won't Surrender)
We'll be Forever... free, to Love
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boku no Taisetsu na mono wa X desu

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 3 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #23

Narrador
Group Icon

So far I've seen nothing from that book that isn't in google =/

My Signature

+Quote Post

inxxane
post Feb 14 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #24

インセイン
Group Icon

Group: ラジカル
ThanX: 1194

QUOTE (X Radical Blues @ Feb 3 2011, 05:35 PM) *
So far I've seen nothing from that book that isn't in google =/

So I felt the need to tell the world that MediaSoft are liars: http://jpnewsgroup.posterous.com/mediasoft...-plagiarism-and

My Signature
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty --
some most unsure, some nearly sure, none absolutely certain. "
- Richard P. Feynman (1955)

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 14 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #25

Narrador
Group Icon

God knows inxxane isn't bluffing, a ton of X indies photos only exist on the Internet because of him, which has led us to X indies concerts, info, and whatnot. And yes, the 1982-2010 book is ridiculous, the concert list is badly copied from White Poem, and well... overall not an insightful book.

Yoshiki's new biography has a ton more info, and the fans wave way more info than that. So I'm hoping that if anyone can translate the Noise Audition Live, it will reveal new details. =)

My Signature

+Quote Post

xfansd
post Feb 19 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #26

Delta

ThanX: 41

Figured I'd put this here cause their history is on the first page (if this turns out to be true). If you have a Facebook and like X, you probably have Keiko as a friend. In case you didn't see it, she posted this today saying it's a classmate of Toshi and Yoshiki. http://ameblo.jp/torut66/entry-10947160186.html

So is Google Translator wrong or is this guy claiming to be the keyboard player in Noise?

This post has been edited by xfansd: Feb 19 2012, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post
The following 3 users say ThanX to xfansd for this useful post::
inxxane, winterspelt, X Radical Blues

Pan
post Feb 19 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #27

Half Tone Lady
Group Icon

ThanX: 761

QUOTE (xfansd @ Feb 19 2012, 11:59 AM) *
Figured I'd put this here cause their history is on the first page (if this turns out to be true). If you have a Facebook and like X, you probably have Keiko as a friend. In case you didn't see it, she posted this today saying it's a classmate of Toshi and Yoshiki. http://ameblo.jp/torut66/entry-10947160186.html

So is Google Translator wrong or is this guy claiming to be the keyboard player in Noise?

Yeah I did read about this and I'm dying to see what he says. Sanorin, if you have any free time, anything at all you could tell us about him would be great ojeras.gif

My Signature

+Quote Post
The following 2 users say ThanX to Pan for this useful post::
inxxane, X Radical Blues

inxxane
post Feb 19 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #28

インセイン
Group Icon

Interesting!

My Signature
"Scientific knowledge is a body of statements of varying degrees of certainty --

+Quote Post

sanorin
post Feb 19 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #29

Delta

ThanX: 335

Sanorin to the rescue! xD
I will do a little summary of what he says. As far as I've read, he was in the high school judo club with Yoshiki and Toshi. To be continued sarcasmo.gif

My Signature
Psychedelic Violence, Crime Of Visual Shock

+Quote Post

sanorin
post Feb 19 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #30

Delta

Well, here is my quick translation. It's not the complete blog post but pretty much everything. Enjoy! contento.gif

A shocking live @ Awa-ko gymnasium

(...) I know there are many people that expect my new blog will be some kind of X-diary. I am sorry but I have never done it before, because I hate people who live selling their glories of the past. And also I have many other interesting things to talk about.

As a thank you to all the people who visits expecting a X-diary, I will write my first little memoirs.

I entered Awa High School (nicknamed Awa-ko) in Chiba Prefecture in spring 1981. (...) So as I wrote in my profile, I was classmate of Yoshiki and Toshi from Tateyama.

(...) In the 3 years of high school I was never in the same class with them, but we all chose to do judo, so we knew each other since the entrance. To say the truth, until June I only knew Yoshiki. Toshi didn’t really stand out in the judo class (sorry xD). But Yoshiki wasn’t really too strong at judo either (xD), but he stood up because the teacher was keeping a fierce eye on him. Now he has a fabulous figure of a thin macho, but back then he was just skin and bones, and his hair and eyes had something defiant, so the judo teacher, who was a former olympic athlete and had a gorilla-like body, used to fling him away like a mannequin almost every time (xD). This teacher was so serious that he would hate any student who were in a band, so when I started in a band and made my hair brown with a dryer, he would pick a fight with me many times. On the other hand, as core fans will know, Toshi was a serious good young man, he kept his hair short all 3 years being in the volley club (one time in 2nd year he had his hair cropped short), so the judo teacher didn’t say anything to him.

So, the first time I saw Yoshiki I thought he was this little pathetic guy in the bones. But he could be better than Toshi, who I still barely knew. However, I changed completely that deplorable impression of them one day after school, in June, 3 months after the beginning. I joined the soft ball tennis club invited by a friend, and as usual we were running next to the gymnasium, when I heard from inside a roaring sound. Of course, since middle school I always wanted to join a band in high school, so I left the tennis club exercises, went inside the gym, and I could not believe my eyes. That Hayashi (Yoshiki), who I thought was pathetic, was beating the drums like crazy! And it was not normal drum set, he was pounding one with two bass and one tam (in other words, a drum set practically like the one he uses now) (Sanorin: no idea about drums, so I don’t know if the names are correct). At first I only saw Yoshiki, but then I found Toshi having fun singing with a high tone piercing voice the hit song “I surrender” from the hard rock band Rainbow, that was popular at the time. Having just entered high school, they were the only 1st Year band that was going to play in the spring cultural festival, and they were rehearsing in the gym.

When I was in middle school I only listened to the Beatles, but for them who were in the same class in Awa-ko, hard rock was popular; I heard a bit of Rainbow thanks to a classmate, but seeing it live played by a band for the first time was a shock. However, I think you will all agree, not only being a 1st year band, but also Yoshiki and Toshi being in that band, if you think it now it was only natural.

Needless to say that, from that moment on, I looked at Yoshiki and Toshi during judo classes with a different eye (xD). And I didn’t imagine at all that, a few months later, I would join their band “Noise”...

My Signature

+Quote Post
The following 10 users say ThanX to sanorin for this useful post::
Balberith, ilesoix, inxxane, Pan, Rafaelo, The_Unknown, winterspelt, X NUT, X Radical Blues, xfansd

X Radical Blues
post Feb 19 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #31

Narrador
Group Icon

What I gather from this "ex-X" (or rather X-Noise?) guy is this:

1) He enrolled in Awa High School in spring 1981
2) Yoshiki wanted to be a macho, Toshi was shy, blahblah, nothing new.
3) He first catched Noise playing "I surrender" by Rainbow on the high school gym in early 1981, probably rehearsing for the 1981 bunka matsuri.
4) Confirms that at that time, Toshi was in the voleyball team and both Yoshiki and Toshi were in judo classes.
5) Also says that somewhen Noise played other Rainbow songs, "Kill the King" and "All night long".
6) He used to play the piano and The Beatles songs, and was asked by Noise's bassist to join them (unsure of this).
7) Mentions that Noise played frequently at a Tateyama instrument shop called Matsuda.
8) Mentions a 1981 Noise christmas concert at Tateyama Shimin Center, performing "Armed and Ready" by Michael Schenker Group, "Summertime Blues" by Kodomo Band, and "Still I'm sad" by Raibow, and apparently some other songs.

Last post was on August 2011, he said that he'd continue the story. Anyone catched his name?

Sanorin, thanks for your translations. jio.gif

My Signature

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Feb 19 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #32

Addicted to X

I found the facebook profile of that man xD I don't want to 'disturb' him , so I just leave it, not adding him as a friend xD his name is 'Toru' btw ...

and, oh yea... there's another 2 blog post about NOISE in his blog, you could just see on the older post ... he only made 6 blog post this far :D

EDIT:

btw,

7) Mentions that Noise played frequently at a Tateyama instrument shop called Matsuda.

this thing above is also mentioned in YOSHIKI BIOGRAPHY, right? as far as I remember ...

This post has been edited by Ba-DiL: Feb 19 2012, 11:14 PM

My Signature

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 19 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #33

Narrador
Group Icon

Toru will suffice, I don't want anyone bothering him with spam, since he himself says that he hates people who sell off their glorious past. Unless he doesn't mind a ton of strangers adding him to Facebook.

So if this is what it seems, Toru was the Noise keyboardist in 1981-1982, and most likely the X keyboardist during 1982-1893.

My Signature

+Quote Post

inxxane
post Feb 20 2012, 03:23 AM
Post #34

インセイン
Group Icon

Amazing how such an incredibly insignificant thing as being a not-so-special keyboardist is some unknown high school band in parts unknown can shake up so many minds accross the globe, reaching every corner but antarctica.

So at least I added one more name to Members.txt

He also mentions the guitarist and bassist Mr.K and Mr.M. Saying K left together with him.

My Signature

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Feb 20 2012, 04:10 AM
Post #35

Addicted to X

so there were 6 member of Noise?

- YOSHIKI
- TOSHI
- TERRY
- Toru
- Mr. K
- Mr. M

right? not sure about it xD

My Signature

+Quote Post

sanorin
post Feb 20 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #36

Delta

If I have some more time I will translate other interesting posts. Because apart from knowing the facts, it's also interesting to know how they happened and the little stories like the judo teacher kicking Yoshiki's ass. contento.gif

My Signature

+Quote Post
The following 2 users say ThanX to sanorin for this useful post::
ilesoix, Pan

ilesoix
post Feb 20 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #37

Alpha
Group Icon

ThanX: 947

Muchísimas gracias, Sanorin, por otra de tus traducciones. Muy interesante además.

My Signature
MULTI HOSTS, Upload a single file in different hosts http://www.xrdnet.com/xboards/in...?showtopic=1744

+Quote Post

inxxane
post Feb 20 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #38

インセイン
Group Icon

Maybe Mr. M is "Matsumura"

My Signature

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Feb 24 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #39

Narrador
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ba-DiL @ Feb 20 2012, 05:10 AM) *
so there were 6 member of Noise?

- YOSHIKI
- TOSHI
- TERRY
- Toru
- Mr. K
- Mr. M

right? not sure about it xD

There's no concrete evidence that proves Terry joined the band before 1982/X.
Refer to this topic about the Origin photo: http://www.xrdnet.com/xboards/index.php?showtopic=841

Also Mr. K and Mr. M don't match Terry nor his real name, Yuji Izumizawa. And since Noise only had 1 guitarist (judging from bootlegs), I guess we can discard Terry as a guitarist, and him being the guitarist in that photo. Old thread solved, huh?

If my notes don't lie (don't remember if I've updated them with Yoshiki's bio book), this is how it went:

1980 - Dynamite disbands during 3rd grade of junior high.
1980 - Noise is created during 3rd grade of junior high, Toshi plays guitar.
1980 - Due to school divisions, Noise's vocalist remans in the old school while Yoshiki and Toshi move to the new one.
1980 - Toshi starts singing, but still plays guitar.
1981 - Noise members graduate from junior high, causing members to change.
1981 - Noise gets new members in 1st grade of high school, Toshi sings and plays guitar.
1981- The Origin photo happened: http://www.xrdnet.com/xgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=65, probably being the 1981 Bunka Matsuri at Awa.
1981 - Toru joins Noise as a keyboardist.

Immediately after 1981 Noise config:
Drums- Yoshiki
Vocals- Toshi (probably still using his black and white guitar)
Keyboards- Toru
Guitar - Mr. K or Mr. M
Bass - Mr. K or Mr. M

I must add that Noise's keyboard sounds pretty similar to the one in X, and while Toru hasn't written about it, he declares himself an "ex-X", so I guess he just played with Yoshiki and Toshi from 1981 to 1983, it's likely they parted ways when Yoshiki and Toshi decided to leave Chiba, which was also the reason why Terry and the old bassist left X. That's my prediction anyway. Let's hope his future posts give more information about Terry and other Chiba members.

Oh also, by 1982 Toshi drops the guitar, but judging from Toru's description, it seems that Toshi used to play the guitar *and* sing during early Noise (even though Toru mentions no guitar playing, only Toshi's voice). Perhaps the vocalist left them and the guitarist Toshi started singing meanwhile. Then by 1982, they just decided Toshi would be the singer.

My Signature

+Quote Post

Joker
post Feb 25 2012, 04:32 AM
Post #40

ima steal yo internets!1!1!

ThanX: 29

QUOTE (X Radical Blues @ Feb 24 2012, 09:14 PM) *
There's no concrete evidence that proves Terry joined the band before 1982/X.
Refer to this topic about the Origin photo: http://www.xrdnet.com/xboards/index.php?showtopic=841

Also Mr. K and Mr. M don't match Terry nor his real name, Yuji Izumizawa. And since Noise only had 1 guitarist (judging from bootlegs), I guess we can discard Terry as a guitarist, and him being the guitarist in that photo. Old thread solved, huh?

If my notes don't lie (don't remember if I've updated them with Yoshiki's bio book), this is how it went:

1980 - Dynamite disbands during 3rd grade of junior high.
1980 - Noise is created during 3rd grade of junior high, Toshi plays guitar.
1980 - Due to school divisions, Noise's vocalist remans in the old school while Yoshiki and Toshi move to the new one.
1980 - Toshi starts singing, but still plays guitar.
1981 - Noise members graduate from junior high, causing members to change.
1981 - Noise gets new members in 1st grade of high school, Toshi sings and plays guitar.
1981- The Origin photo happened: http://www.xrdnet.com/xgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=65, probably being the 1981 Bunka Matsuri at Awa.
1981 - Toru joins Noise as a keyboardist.

Immediately after 1981 Noise config:
Drums- Yoshiki
Vocals- Toshi (probably still using his black and white guitar)
Keyboards- Toru
Guitar - Mr. K or Mr. M
Bass - Mr. K or Mr. M

I must add that Noise's keyboard sounds pretty similar to the one in X, and while Toru hasn't written about it, he declares himself an "ex-X", so I guess he just played with Yoshiki and Toshi from 1981 to 1983, it's likely they parted ways when Yoshiki and Toshi decided to leave Chiba, which was also the reason why Terry and the old bassist left X. That's my prediction anyway. Let's hope his future posts give more information about Terry and other Chiba members.

Oh also, by 1982 Toshi drops the guitar, but judging from Toru's description, it seems that Toshi used to play the guitar *and* sing during early Noise (even though Toru mentions no guitar playing, only Toshi's voice). Perhaps the vocalist left them and the guitarist Toshi started singing meanwhile. Then by 1982, they just decided Toshi would be the singer.

I saw a translation of Yoshiki biography on another forum. It says something about Terry...

QUOTE ("Yoshiki Bio")
Shortly after the graduation, Yoshiki, and Toshimitsu decided to move to Tokyo. In addition, Toshimitsu, who also did not go the institute, decided to study in the school of piano tuners for one year. In addition, they were joined by guitarist of X Izumizava Yuji, who played in the band from the very beginning and finished school with them.

And there is a part where it says about NOISE having two guitarists, when they were choosing the "new vocalist" on the band split...
QUOTE (Yoshiki Bio)
But the other fellow who played guitar with Toshimitsu really mastered the technique, amazing for his age, and could copy professional guitarists. He can safely be trusted all the guitar parts. Leaving the guitar, Toshi did not feel the slightest regret.

It also says far ahead Yoshiki asked Terry to left the band because when Taiji joined, he didn't like Terry. And says that Hally played with Pata. Taiji and Hally left the band due to disagreements with Yoshiki and Pata left as X stopped their activities for a while.

QUOTE (Yoshiki Bio)
Soon Taiji moved into the apartment of Yoshiki. After that he made Yoshiki a condition:
"I'll play with X, if you replace the guitarist. I'm not going to play with Izumizava. If you take my guitarist, I'll be with X ".
Yoshiki hesitated, but the group needed a bass player urgently, in addition Yoshiki was fascinated by Taiji's bright personality, and he had to fulfill this condition. Taiji immediately brought guitarist Yosifumi Yoshida, known as Hari. He replaced Izumizava, who was a member of X since its inception.
In addition, Yoshiki, who always wanted X to have two guitars, chose Ishizuka as a second guitarist. After BLACK ROSE group was disbanded, a newly created group JUDY also broke off its activity, and now Ishizuka was moonlighting in video rental store .At the time, when Ishizuka was the leader of JUDY, Yoshiki sometimes acted with them as a drummer, and he invited him to their group.

When Taiji left for the first time, they asked Terry to get back to the band, but he didn't want, was furious because he was on the band since the beggining, went to Tokyo with them and Yoshiki put another guitarist in his place just because Taiji wanted Hally there.

QUOTE (Yoshiki Bio)
Deeply regretting his decision concerning Izumizava, Yoshiki visited him, bringing a sincere apology.
"I made a serious mistake. Forgive me please! Maybe you will come back in X again? "
Izumizava remained calm.
"Never mind. Perhaps your decision was not a mistake. But I have my pride. I'm going to become a professional and will not return to the group from which I was turned out. "

This post has been edited by Joker: Feb 25 2012, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: