> NEW X lyrics section preview!
X Radical Blues
post Sep 23 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #21

Narrador
Group Icon

Group: Dreamer
ThanX: 327

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments, I was really happy and encouraged to read them all. T_T.gif

QUOTE (MIHO)
Reading the explanations of the songs now, I can't even imagine the hard work and time you spent and will spend on this, I'm just blown away! This will make me rediscover the songs all over and over again.

QUOTE (xfansd)
But personally I don't like to try and interpret what a song is about, unless the writer specifically says what it was about.

I did spent a lot of time, and I must have rewritten a lot of stuff at least 4 times. But the results were worth it, it seems.

Of course the meaning of the songs are open to each one's interpretation, I think that's fundamental, and I don't have the last word on anything. I consider the analysis more as a help to "read" the songs, than as a way to "discover their meaning".

And of course as Pan says, you can always just skip reading the bottom. tongue.gif

Please do point out any grammar errors, I read the text so much that I no longer notice errors after a while, I've found myself skipping entire words. XD

My Signature
There is no way to be free from love.
Deeper we sink in the darkness, brighter it shines in our hearts.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

xfansd
post Sep 23 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #22

Delta

Group: Cronopio
ThanX: 41

QUOTE (Pan @ Sep 23 2010, 07:21 PM) *
It's ok, I like reading what everybody thinks, but I have a question now that you mention this. Does it bothers you the way that is displayed? Because you could always just ignore it, since the analysis is after the lyrics XD maybe a little more space between the notes and the analysis would be better?

Not at all, the way the page is set up or displayed is fine, that's not what I was referring to. But since you mentioned it, a little more space between the notes and analysis would be easier on the eyes. But that is being nitpicky, I don't want Blues to have to go back and fix that just because I think it would be better. (I don't want anyone to think that I want to take over the design of the page.) And you're right I could just ignore it, but I will probably read every one of them anyway. grin.gif

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Sep 24 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #23

Narrador
Group Icon

You're entirely right, I just gave an extra Enter to give some space between the comments and the analysis. The little extra space does help to the eyes.

Anyway, I hope it will all look better implemented in the new website design. hyper.gif

My Signature

+Quote Post

Johan Liebheart
post Sep 24 2010, 06:36 AM
Post #24

Delta

ThanX: 139

El nuevo diseño y el contenido están geniales, la mejora es asombrosa. Felicidades contento.gif

My Signature
Jump into the fire
Keep our love alive and kickin'
Down the walls, that's when
Freedom calls
Rockin' side by side
Keep your love alive and kickin'

+Quote Post

Toshidex
post Sep 24 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #25

Delta

ThanX: 79

Las traducciones están buenas, me gustaron los análisis, buen trabajo. contento.gif

+Quote Post

ilesoix
post Sep 25 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #26

Alpha
Group Icon

ThanX: 947

Siempre me gustó la página original y obviamente la sección "lyrics" en particular que me aclaró muchas dudas.

Ahora se le ha sumado un diseño muy bueno y el aporte de otros como Sanorin que llevan a esta sección a convertirse en algo imprescindible para los "fans" de X.

Felicitaciones a todos los que trabajaron y trabajan en ella.

This post has been edited by ilesoix: Sep 25 2010, 06:32 AM

My Signature
MULTI HOSTS, Upload a single file in different hosts http://www.xrdnet.com/xboards/in...?showtopic=1744

+Quote Post

sanorin
post Sep 25 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #27

Delta

ThanX: 335

I just saw this post! The design looks awesome, good job Blues contento.gif
Let me know any time what lyrics and translations you need, as I have done almost all of them, and I don't remember which ones I sent you already. And before sending, I could always update or make small corrections brinco.gif

My Signature
Psychedelic Violence, Crime Of Visual Shock

+Quote Post

krapac86
post Sep 26 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #28

Ex-Lurker

ThanX: 44

Great work, layout and analysis!

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Oct 4 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #29

Narrador
Group Icon

QUOTE (sanorin @ Sep 25 2010, 05:00 PM) *
I just saw this post! The design looks awesome, good job Blues contento.gif
Let me know any time what lyrics and translations you need, as I have done almost all of them, and I don't remember which ones I sent you already. And before sending, I could always update or make small corrections brinco.gif

I have the Word document with your Vanishing Vision lyrics, modified on 29/June/2010.

I've actually noticed a few mistakes on them, but I think that I'll consult you directly every time I'm working on a particular lyrics set. As for now, probably I could use a lot the lyrics for the Blue Blood album, if you have them. contento.gif

I lol'd at "sprinter" of glass in Vanishing Love. XD

Julie, do you also have the stuff you made? The more the merrier, I prefer to document myself a lot and read different stuff before trying to make a definitive final version.

My Signature

+Quote Post

MIHO
post Oct 4 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #30

Hair-lion

ThanX: 86

QUOTE (X Radical Blues @ Oct 5 2010, 01:26 AM) *
Julie, do you also have the stuff you made? The more the merrier, I prefer to document myself a lot and read different stuff before trying to make a definitive final version.

There are two "problems":
- It's on my old laptop - and he's broken. So I have to buy a case to save my hard-disc. I was planning on doing that this week, though.
- It's in dutch - so I have to translate it. I wrote like three or four pages, so that will be a Wednesday afternoon of work for me.

So tell me when you want to have it, and I'll make sure those problems are solved so I can send it to you contento.gif

My Signature

+Quote Post

LemonX
post Oct 5 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #31

Ex-Lurker

Group: Nu
ThanX: 0

Hello I'm a new member to the forum, it is good to see many X freaks here, I hope to share many things with you.

I liked this idea, excelent layout !

+Quote Post

hanyou23
post Oct 9 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #32

Epsilon

ThanX: 3

Really like it!!! I've always loved the white text-on-black scheme on websites. Always looks classy! And that is just a ton of work! I really can't wait to see the lyrics section roll out into full production contento.gif ! There are yet some songs which I wonder about (translations-wise). We'll be there to root you on, Blues :D !!!

This post has been edited by hanyou23: Oct 9 2010, 07:56 PM

My Signature
~*~*~*~
"Tell me why -
I want the meaning of my life,
Do I try to live? Do I try to love?"

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Oct 10 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #33

Addicted to X

ThanX: 191

Pan asked me this on twitter, so I think I'll answer it here...

I twitted "Blues itu anak filsafat kali y" in Indonesia, basically it means: I very like your philosophy about things, Blues... and with these translation, Maan, you're doing a really great Job there contento.gif

aaand, for WEK END... I guess you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_KPY5O0slA

and, this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoaV8Eww9Q

you were right, X songs is connected to each other wink.gif

My Signature
Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (Now and Forever)
Nobody can Steal (our freedom) Our Life away (away from Ourself)

Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (We won't Surrender)
We'll be Forever... free, to Love
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boku no Taisetsu na mono wa X desu

+Quote Post

X Radical Blues
post Oct 10 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #34

Narrador
Group Icon

QUOTE (MIHO @ Oct 4 2010, 11:50 PM) *
So tell me when you want to have it, and I'll make sure those problems are solved so I can send it to you contento.gif

Anytime is good time, I have a lot of things to do so there's no real hurry, and I can always update. XD

QUOTE (Ba-DiL @ Oct 10 2010, 02:02 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_KPY5O0slA
and, this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoaV8Eww9Q

you were right, X songs is connected to each other wink.gif

Oh my god, that was great!

The last time I recall reading about "shumatsu/the end" was back at xjapan.de forums, looong time ago, before the band even reunited. About 2002 or so? People opened a topic and started analyzing X songs like crazy, talking about Rose of Pain and Elizabeth Bathory, about Dahlia and the flower of illusions, about Week End and the end, and whatnot. That was the first time I remember someone even figuring out what X songs said. Good memories.

I had also personally noticed that Rusty Nail does say "week end", since it's such an unusual word in a sentence, and yep, everything is linked! It's actually cool to try and put the pieces together.

What I like about Week End is that it's a fucking insane song, someone just going crazy, losing all bonds with reality, and the chorus just says "this is the end of everything (week end), I'm at my wits end".

I liked the translation from the video, specially this: "I'm hurt and standing, gazing at you, who gets away laughing". The song just blows away your mind and sense of reality, and drives you insane, that's the point of Week End. It's a wrist-cutting drama song too, of a lost love, but it's really something else, probably since it's so violent. It doesn't become just another boring bawww lost love song, probably because it doesn't focus much on "love" as it does in craziness.

Sanorin just sent me now his Blue Blood scripts with Kanji, Romaji, and Spanish lyrics. I'm gonna give a deep look at them and at the videos you posted, they're a lot of help. I think VIOLETUK2009's translations are pretty good, but he changes the order of lines sometimes and makes sentences too complex, he did that on Forever Love... I mean, he does a great job and keeps the idea, they're still probably the best translations I've seen so far.

What I try to do is make all the lines match and make every single line give you the direct idea of what the corresponding Japanese line tries to say, instead of translating whole paragraphs like I usually see everywhere. I like to keep the original idea over making it sound good in English/Spanish grammar. What I dislike seeing in translations are things like having the translated lines start with different order of ideas... I mean, it's natural, for example, in Japanese you'd say "on thursday to the park I went", while in English you'd say "I went to the park on thursday". Spanish is cool on that, since you can use both syntax orders, and the first one can actually sound poetic. So I just try and do the same in English.

The point is, I don't like seeing the lyrics "translated too much", if that makes any sense... I think more of it as "subtitles in your own language" rather than "translating" or "making an English version". Does that make sense?

My Signature

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: