Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to make a lossless audio copy, The best way to copy your CDs
rockerthunder
post May 28 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #1

Metal Guy

Group: Cronopio
ThanX: 18

I found that almost all the lossless audio copy in this forum is not correct or not complete!
So,just follow me,I give you the best way to make your CD copy more professional!

[/center]----- preparation -----

you need to download those software(they are all free):

1.Exact Audio Copy
Download the Windows Installer package
you can get the latest version here

2.compression tools
there are three popular tools,you just pick up one you like.

(1).FLAC
maybe you also need this GUI : here

(2).APE

(3).WV (I suggest use this one!)
maybe you also need this GUI : here

3.some other files:
wnaspi32.dll
download here or you just google for it.

----- install software -----

1.install the Exact Audio Copy on your computer.
2.put the wnaspi32.dll file where EAC is installed in (example: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy).
3.unpack the compression tools which you picked up in where EAC is installed
example:If you picked up WV format,just unpack the zip file,put all the .exe files where EAC is installed in,like this:

----- Setting Up Drives -----

When you first launch EAC a configuration wizard will start up. just click cancel to this window. we do it later!

now the EAC is start,Select the drive you wish to configure from the drop-down menu.

Click EAC, Drive Options.

Click OK to the message that appears.

Insert an audio CD into the selected drive and click Detect Read Features. If this process is completed within a few seconds, the test was not accurate. Restart EAC and repeat the steps above.

When the test finishes, click Apply to the window that appears.
Select Secure mode and disable C2 Error Correction if enabled.(very important!!!!!be sure you selected the Secure mode!!!)

move to the Driver tab,keep the CD in your driver,and click Autodetect read command now

move to the Offset / Speed tab,there are a lot of step to setting,so,be patient!
first of all,you need to know your CD driver's model,you can find it here:

remember the info,then go to here
there is a list of a lot of drivers model,you just find out your model,then get the Correction Offset value!
for example:my model is TSSTcorp - CD-DVDW TS-H652L,so,the Correction Offset value will be +6

put Correction Offset number in "Read sample offset corrention value" box like this:

move to the Gap Detection tab,do selection like picture:

OK,the Drives setting is all finished,then click OK,we move on next section!

----- Setting Exact Audio Copy Options -----

Click EAC, EAC Options.

Click the Extraction tab. do selection like picture:
Note:be sure you selected Error recovery quality to High!very important!

Click the General tab. do selection like picture:
Note:you can choose your own language in the tab!

Click the Tools tab. do selection like picture:

Click the Filename tab.

In the Naming scheme text box, adjust the way you would like your ripped files to be organized. Some examples of organization are below:

For regular albums (Naming scheme):

* Artist\Album\Track # Title.mp3: %A\%C\%N %T
* Artist\Album\Artist - Album - Track # - Track.mp3: %A\%C\%A - %C - %N - %T

For various artist albums (Use various artist naming scheme):

* Compilations\Album\Track # Title.mp3: Compilations\%C\%N %T
* Various Artists\Album\Track # - Artist - Title.mp3: Various Artists\%C\%N - %A - %T

Now click OK in this EAC option windows,then restart EAC,go on the EAC option!

Click the Interface tab.
make sure you have putted the wnaspi32.dll file where EAC is installed in (example: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy).you can find this fill in the start of this topic .
If there is no problems with the wnaspi32.dll ,you can select "Installed external ASPI interface"

OK,the Exact Audio Copy Options is all finished,then click OK,we move on next section!

----- Setting Compression Options -----

WV format

Click EAC, Compression Options.
Click the External Compression tab.

1.Enable the Use external program for compression option.
2.Change Parameter passing scheme to User Defined Encoder.
3.In the Use file extension text box type in .wv.
4.In the Program, including path, used for compression text box type in the location of the WAVPACK.EXE file or click the Browse button to locate the WAVPACK.EXE file.
5.In the Additional command line options text box, enter the command-line options you wish to use with the WavPack encoder. Command line options tell the encoder what to do such as what bit rate you want, how you want the files tagged, etc. Below is a table with recommended WavPack settings. Note that I have added on the tagging parameters to the command-line to have the WavPack encoder tag files with artist, album, and track info. Just copy and paste a command-line below into the Additional command line options text box.

-w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m" -h %s %d

6.In the Bit rate drop-down menu select a bit rate closest to the setting you are using with your audio encoder. This bit rate option has no effect on the bit rate of your encoded audio files. When Parameter Passing Scheme is set to "User Defined Encoder", this setting is merely used by EAC to estimate file sizes in the main EAC window.
Recommendation: For WavPack, you can ignore the bit-rate option here.

7.Ignore the High quality and Low quality radio buttons as they will not be used.
8.Click OK.

FLAC format

Click EAC, Compression Options.
Click the External Compression tab.

1.Enable the Use external program for compression option.
2.Change Parameter passing scheme to User Defined Encoder.
3.In the Use file extension text box type in .flac.
4.In the Program, including path, used for compression text box type in the location of the FLAC.EXE file or click the Browse button to locate the FLAC.EXE file.
5.In the Additional command line options text box, enter the command-line options you wish to use with the FLAC encoder. Command line options tell the encoder what to do such as what bit rate you want, how you want the files tagged, etc. Below is a table with recommended FLAC settings. Note that I have added on the tagging parameters to the command-line to have the FLAC encoder tag files with artist, album, and track info. Just copy and paste a command-line below into the Additional command line options text box.

-8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

6.In the Bit rate drop-down menu select a bit rate closest to the setting you are using with your audio encoder. This bit rate option has no effect on the bit rate of your encoded audio files. When Parameter Passing Scheme is set to "User Defined Encoder", this setting is merely used by EAC to estimate file sizes in the main EAC window.
Recommendation: For FLAC, you can ignore the bit-rate option here.

7.Ignore the High quality and Low quality radio buttons as they will not be used.
8.Click OK.

OK,the Compression Options is all finished,then click OK,we move on last section!

----- Setting freedb/Database Options -----

Click EAC, freedb/Database Options.

Type your e-mail address into the Your E-mail address text box. Your e-mail address is only used by the freedb for submission purposes and can help the freedb if you submit modifications to a recent submission. You will not receive any spam by placing your e-mail address here. For EAC to be able to use the freedb database, an e-mail address must be placed in this text box.

# Sometimes freedb servers can go down resulting in the inability to get CD information. If you ever notice that the freedb database doesn't seem to be working, you can change the freedb server that EAC uses. If that happens you can go to the freedb mirrors page and get a list of addresses to freedb mirror servers. After you pick an address to use, enter it into the Freedb server text box. Just replace the http://freedb.freedb.org text with the address to the mirror server. For example, if you were using the mirror, au.freedb.org, you would replace the http://freedb.freedb.org text with http://au.freedb.org and the contents of the Freedb server text box should look like this: http://au.freedb.org:80/~cddb/cddb.cgi

Click OK.

----- Saving Profiles -----

OK!we do a lot of settings!It's so bored! In case of redo it,we would better to back up our settings,now follow me!

click the Save Profiles button,then it will create a .cfg file!

When you want to load a profile,just click the load a profile button,then you pick up the .cfg file you created before.

----- Start Ripping -----

OK,now we already can rip our CDs in the best quality!

1.Insert an audio CD and wait while EAC contacts the freedb database(you must be online).
2.click Action, Test & Copy Image & Creat Cue Sheet, Compressed
Note:when the ripping is running,you'd better not do anything on your computer in the same time!

During the ripping process a window will appear letting you know the progress of the rip.

3.Click OK and another window will appear giving you a detailed analysis of the ripping process. If you are using Secure Mode to rip, pay attention to this window as it will let you know if errors occurred during the rip and where those errors occurred. It will also give you the option of listening to portions of a track where an error occurred to determine whether the error is audible or not.

Click OK and you will be taken back to the main EAC window. If you used Test and Copy to rip your CDs you want to look at the main window to determine if your tracks were all ripped accurately. Look under the Read CRC column. This column shows the CRC value of the extracted audio file. The Test CRC columns shows the CRC value of the audio track on the audio CD. If both of these values are the same an "OK" will appear in the CRC column. If the Test CRC and Read CRC do not match, a "#" will appear in the CRC column indicating your rip was not accurate.

OK,now all the ripping is finished!

[center]
----- Packing your ripping -----

Now we need to do is pack our ripping in any Compression format,for example:.zip,.rar.7z ....ect.

go to the ripping files folder,It will contain those fills".wav,.cue,.log,and your Compression file.

If you don't wanna keep the original .wav fill,just delete it!
If you got scan the cover or booklet,keep them in this folder,then you rename this folder with the correct name!

OK,now we Compression this folder to one or some files.
I give you guys a example for how to Compression files with Winrar,so many people here use hjsplit or some other split software,I suggest you don't use those software,It might break your lossless copy,you'd better use Winrar or 7z,they can split files in a very easy way,and more safe to your files!

1.run Winrar,in the Winrar's window,you select the directory where your ripping folder is:

2.choose the folder,then click the "add" button,a window will appear,we can do some setting in this window:

3.If you want solit this rar file,put the size in this box :

4.now click OK button,and wait for a second.....

5.OK,all work is done!you can upload it and shared with me contento.gif

This Guide spend my all day to write!but I think it worth to do so!
Sorry for my poor English!
Wish you enjoy this!
If you got any problem with this guide,just tell me,I'll try my best to help you !

My Signature
You have no idea with how to make a LOSSLESS CD copy?

Go there,You can learn The best way to copy your CDs!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The following 2 users say ThanX to rockerthunder for this useful post::
biki, Zemunasu

Pan
post May 28 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Half Tone Lady
Group Icon

Group: Dreamer
ThanX: 761

ojeras.gif ... this is why I always avoid this stuff.

Thanks for the tuto tho, it will be helpful for others.

My Signature

+Quote Post

rockerthunder
post May 28 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Metal Guy

ThanX: 18

QUOTE (Pan @ May 29 2009, 02:40 AM) *
ojeras.gif ... this is why I always avoid this stuff.

Thanks for the tuto tho, it will be helpful for others.

You're welcome!
I just want do something for this great fourm!

My Signature
You have no idea with how to make a LOSSLESS CD copy?

Go there,You can learn The best way to copy your CDs!

+Quote Post

mckagan
post Jun 25 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Ex-Lurker

ThanX: 0

very usability tutorial, thanx

+Quote Post

Ba-DiL
post Jul 4 2009, 02:16 AM
Post #5

Addicted to X

ThanX: 191

I'm sorry if I post this in a wrong place... bat can anyone tell me how to make a VBR audio?

thanX inocente.gif

My Signature
Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (Now and Forever)
Nobody can Steal (our freedom) Our Life away (away from Ourself)

Born to Be Free (Free Forever), Born to Be Free (We won't Surrender)
We'll be Forever... free, to Love
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boku no Taisetsu na mono wa X desu

+Quote Post

balistic
post Aug 1 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #6

Ex-Lurker

ThanX: 1

wow this was very informational, thank you :D

+Quote Post

link343
post Mar 8 2011, 02:36 AM
Post #7

Ex-Lurker

ThanX: 1

If you want something more descriptive, I would use the guide at http://blowfish.be. It's well written and descriptive without beating you over the head with info.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

0 Members: